The mission of the Conferences, Reservations and Event Services Department is to provide exemplary customer service through the scheduling and coordination of campus facilities and resources for the University community and guests.
The University Conference, Reservations and Event Services office is responsible for scheduling and/or coordinating usage of all space on campus with the exception of the academic class schedule, the Harris Alumni Center, and Center City. This office, located in the Bonnie E. Cone University Center, provides "one stop shop" scheduling, event planning and conference coordination to affiliated and non-affiliated clients for all on-campus events. Our staff works with clients to determine all event needs and then arranges and coordinates the necessary services required such as personnel, audio visual needs, parking, housing, food service and more. The number one goal of the Conference, Reservations and Event Services office is to provide the highest level of excellence in customer service.
* If you are a UNC Charlotte student organization, please click here for the Reservations website.
The University hosts numerous conference groups involving more than 16,000 participants each year, in addition to supporting a large enrollment in its academic program. Space on campus is at a premium. Therefore, early planning is a vital component of the conference process.
Space for Fall and Spring activities is typically reserved according to the following schedule, per University Policy Statement #601.6. Requests for space must be received a minimum of 15 business days in advance. All requests will be processed as quickly as possible, and are processed in the order they are received.
- Non-affiliated groups and organizations may not reserve space on campus more than 60 days in advance during the Fall and Spring academic terms when classes are in session (exception, Fall and Spring break).
- Sponsored, non-affiliated groups and organizations may have space reserved on campus by the sponsoring affiliated department more than 60 days in advance but must comply with the University's policy regarding the scheduling of space.
- Affiliated groups and organizations may reserve space on campus according to the University's policy regarding the scheduling of space.
- The Conference Services department begins processing Summer requests during the Fall prior.